Translate

Friday, June 16, 2017

Special Guest Amy Kolling!

Happy Friday!

Today we are joined by a special guest designer who is awesome. Simply Awesome!
Her style is often clean but always lovely. Her style is so warm and soft, which makes it so dreamy to look at. No doubt you've oohed and aahed over her work as you've surfed through blogland, or if you've been a long-time fan of our challenge blog. 
Please welcome Amy Kolling and prepare to be delighted!!

Hello!  Amy Kolling here and I am so excited to be a guest for CAS-ual Fridays today!  I used to design for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Team so this is a bit of a homecoming for me!

I adore floral stamps because there are so many fun techniques you can use with them.  I went back to my roots of heat embossing with my favorite technique---Emboss Resist.  Pretty Posies is a perfect set to use with this technique!  I started with white heat embossing the images onto white cardstock. Using Distress Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick. Spiced Marmalade, and Peeled paint, I blended the inks over the images.  Distress Oxide inks blend so beautiful and effortlessly!  To give the posies a bit of distressed look, I spritzed water over them and blotted with a paper towel.  Using the coordinating Pretty Posies Fri-Dies, the images were cut out.  I arranged my Pretty Posies onto a grey circle of cardstock and adhered.  I white heat embossed a sentiment onto a black cardstock strip and hand cut in a banner shape, adding it with foam adhesive.


For my background, I didn't just want it to be white.  So, I pulled out the Spiral Stencil from ClearScraps.  Using this stencil, I blended Broken China Distress Oxide Ink from the center out, giving it that faded out look.  To my top folding, stenciled notecard, I added my Pretty Posies focal point and random clear sequins were added for sparkle!  Thanks so much for joining me here today!

I hope you find some time to get your ink on today :)



2 comments:

Susan White said...

This is a beautiful cards Amy!! Thanks for coming back and doing a guest spot I love your work!

Linda said...

This is so great, please don't mind if i copy this. Well that is what you would have wanted isn't it? thanks for posting this. This post brought joy to me. Much appreciated.